Our specification and restoration choices reflect our vision of an optimized air-cooled Porsche 911 and provide a broad canvas for individual self-expression and fine tailoring. Should you have special wishes or requests that go further than the choices listed below we will be happy to discuss them.
Such a degree of personalization ensures that each machine can be as sportingly focused, luxuriously flamboyant, or as simple and understated as desired. Indeed, we expect every restored and modified machine to represent and reflect the unique tastes and perspectives of its owner, whether targeted at regular use on the road or ultimate performance on road and track.
We imagine most customers will specify a program that lies somewhere in the middle of these two extremes, resulting in a machine that reflects their ideal combination of sporting intent and daily usability.
Explore the possibilities
• The monocoque receives additional welding strengthening and fabrication in preparation for its new bodywork.
• We are proud to be affiliated with the globally recognized Aria Group in Irvine, California, providing state-of-the-art composite technology and world-class body preparation and painting processes.
The carbon fiber bodywork is constructed from premium ‘pre-preg’ carbon fiber and is vacuum bagged and baked to a temperature of over 250 degrees in a pressurized kiln. These are true carbon fiber parts made to motorsport specifications in an aerospace environment, benefiting from attributes of extreme strength and light weight. The areas of the car replaced with carbon fiber parts are as follows:
• Front fenders
• Front bumper
• Front hood (bonnet)
• Rear fenders
• Rear bumper
• Rear engine deck lid and speed-sensitive active rear spoiler
• Roof (a carbon roof is not fitted if a sunroof is specified, or if the car has an original factory steel roof)
• Note: The doors remain in steel to retain side impact resistance as they contain the impact safety beams fitted on later model 911s. Carbon fiber doors can be ordered at additional cost; however, they must be specified in conjunction with a full roll-cage.
• The front spoiler is constructed from a flexible urethane with a black textured finish.
• The lower rockers and lower rear valances are constructed from a high temperature resistant urethane with a black textured finish.
Fully integrated roll cage upholstered in padded leather.
Fully integrated harness bar.
Front strut bracing.
Seam welding of key chassis areas.
External center fill gas cap with fuel safety cell.
External rear fender mounted oil filler cap.
Electric steel sliding sunroof.
Hood and deck lid hinges in perforated aluminum. (Standard on all vehicles)
Touring Package Option.
The front spoiler is a fixed, flexible urethane unit while the rear spoiler is an active, speed-sensitive unit. This rises into position at 60 mph and hints at the classic ‘ducktail’ from the 1973 racing machines when retracted.
The rear spoiler boasts a 60’s inspired delicate plated grill under which a tinted acrylic screen allows views of the engine.
• 3.8-liter, 300 horsepower
• The 300BHP 3.8L engine is comprehensively rebuilt and blueprinted for maximum efficiency. It retains the standard Bosch Motronic engine management system, exhaust, and ancillaries, therefore retains the engine’s original emission calibration.
• 3.8-liter, 350 horsepower, with Individual Throttle-bodies [* intended for off-road use only in certain territories] • Our 350BHP 3.8L normally aspirated, Porsche flat-six engine was developed in partnership with race-engine manufacturer Cosworth. It is hand-built in California by Ed Pink Racing Engines to exact tolerances, and benefits from state-of-the-art breakthroughs in intake design, cylinder head, piston, cylinder, and rod design, plus fuel injection and engine management advances. We feel it to be a wonderful compromise between a high-revving, high horsepower Porsche racing engine and a torque rich, tractable, durable engine for the road. An optional nickel-plated Air intake plenum is available for the 3.8L.
• 4.0-liter, 390 horsepower [* intended for off-road use only in certain territories] • Our 390BHP 4.0-liter engine grew from the DNA of our 3.8L Cosworth engine and has been meticulously developed by the engineers at Ed Pink Racing Engines to create our ultimate incarnation of the normally aspirated flat-six. With a 7,200 RPM redline this engine is a monster in the best sense of the word and imbued with heroic levels of torque – around 315lb/ft – and thrilling peak power output tantalizing close to 400hp. As with all our engines it retains the case of the 964 and employs a bespoke crankshaft, oil pump, pistons, cylinders, connecting rods, cams, cylinder heads, throttle bodies and intake system. Performance is extreme with 60mph and 100mph arriving in sub 3.3 seconds and 8.2 seconds, respectively.
• Note: Both 3.8 and 4.0-liter engines are available with Smog-compliant camshafts and fuel-injection programming. Please enquire with Singer if your region has stringent emissions regulations.
• These transmissions are comprehensively stripped and rebuilt to exacting tolerances with new components.
• The ratios chosen for each engine configuration offer an excellent balance between performance, refinement, and touring economy.
• The shift linkage is renewed with bespoke parts that results in an oiled ‘rifle bolt’ tactility which transforms the shift quality of these robust gearboxes.
• A single mass mid-weight flywheel and single-plate clutch are fitted.
• The standard transmission is the 5 speed Getrag G50 unit with a Limited Slip Differential.
• A close ratio 6 speed Getrag G50/LSD unit is available as an option. This gearbox has ratios specially chosen to maximize the power potential from the engine for ultimate sporting and track use.
• A close ratio 6spd Getrag G50/LSD 993 derived 4WD system is available. Seamless power distribution to the forward wheels is achieved through a viscous coupling, aiding corner exit grip in all road conditions. [/su_spoiler]
• Lightweight polycarbonate clear headlight lenses replace the original glass items.
• Secondary lighting at the front of the car is improved by the addition of Hella fog/driving lights.
• The corner lights and fog/driving lights are incorporated into lightweight housings; all lenses are new polycarbonate items.
• The rear of the car benefits from the addition of new lightweight housings and lenses.
• The aluminum rear trailing arms are retained, and all bushings, drop-links, and front/rear sway bars are uprated.
• The standard suspension is specified and set up to offer an excellent compromise between daily usability and sporting potential. It is specified – and tuned – to provide a compliant, quiet and comfortable ride on the street while still offering great control during fast road use.
• Suspension Options
• An optional Sport Suspension Package is available. This system is specified and set up to give ultimate control and driver feedback during high performance road and track driving and was developed at Infineon Raceway with both the US Ohlins distributors and renowned driver/journalist Richard Meaden of EVO magazine. At the center of this set up are state of the art Ohlins dampers that are finely adjustable for bump and rebound. The addition of lightweight RS Spec EVO uprights from the Porsche racing program further increases precision and reduces un-sprung weight.
• Braking Options
• Big Brake Upgrade:
• Servo assisted braking system derived from the 993 Twin Turbo model – these so called ‘Big Red’ Brembo calipers grip 322mm drilled rotors and provide tremendous braking abilities with a resistance to fading for ultimate fast road and track performance.
• Carbon Ceramic Rotors:
• Optional Singer Vehicle Design developed carbon ceramic cross-drilled rotors can be specified. Aesthetically pleasing, the Carbon Ceramic rotors add the benefits of cooler operating temperatures which decreases the risk of brake fade, while virtually eliminating brake dust and minimizing noise.
• Additional cooling for the front brakes is achieved through the apertures in the front bumper as well as air inlets under the vehicle.
• Wheel Sizes: 9”x17’’ front and 11”x17’’ rear.
• The wheels can be ordered with or without center caps at no extra charge.
• Hubs can be ordered with short studs and ‘closed’ black anodized aluminum lug nuts, or with extended studs and open brass-plated lug nuts at no extra charge. Running these wheels without center caps and long studs gives a very track inspired look, and again recalls the racing machines of the 1960s and 70s.
• The wheels can be specified in a number of special nickel-plated or anodized and painted finishes all based on the iconic Fuchs wheels fitted to the 1973 sport and racing models. Tires are 225/45 x 17 front and 265/40 x 17 rear Michelin Pilot Sport PS2.
• A road-legal performance and track-biased R Compound tire can be specified at no extra cost. These tires are designed for ultimate performance in dry and damp conditions and not recommended for use in rain or standing water. The tires are 235/40 x 17 front and 275/40 x 17 rear, Nitto NT01
• Wheels and Tires Option
• Second set wheel and tire package.
• Customers can specify an additional set of wheels in any finish fitted with the track-biased tires. This option is for owners who drive their cars regularly on the road but also need a practical and easily accessed wheel/tire combination for the track.
This interior treatment can be personalized in a number of different ways through the selection of certain optional materials and fittings. These items can alter the character of the interior towards a luxury or sporting intent or indeed any combination of the two.
• They have 4-way electrical height adjustment and manual recline and tilt functions and come fitted with adjustable headrests. We have strived to produce a seat that is both supremely comfortable and supportive while offering the peak of period sporting elegance.
• They are compatible for use with either the standard seatbelts or the optional Schroth racing harnesses.
• The seats come upholstered in leather available in a wide choice of colors and optional finishes and textures.
• Rear Seats
• The rear seats are upholstered in the same manner as those in front and feature dual backrests that fold down to provide additional luggage space.
• This is the thick-rimmed classic motorsport wheel used on many iconic 1960s and 70s racing machines including the celebrated Porsche 917 Le Mans winner. It is wrapped in premium black leather with signature parallel white stitching. It comes with a bespoke aluminum nickel plated horn surround with black leather center horn-push.
• The gauges are presented in the classic 5-gauge display:
• Gauge 1 – Fuel and Oil Level
• Gauge 2 – Oil Temperature and Oil Pressure
• Gauge 3 – Tachometer
• Gauge 4 – Speedometer
• Gauge 5 – Clock
• These radios are thoroughly restored and come complete with power-amp, and uprated state of the art door speakers. A Parrot Asteroid tablet is fitted offering iPod integration, USB accessibility, as well as access to the Parrot APP exchange offering a wide variety of different applications including navigation.
• Hi Fi Upgrade
• As an option, a Hi-Fi system power amp with crossovers and Dynaudio speaker system can be specified. In addition, a removable subwoofer is fitted in place of the bottom seat cushion behind the driver seat, trimmed in the same leather used throughout the interior.
• Carbon fiber lightweight track seat. A heavily bolstered carbon fiber track-biased seat is available which offers extreme thigh and upper body support along with a fully adjustable headrest. This seat is constructed as a single shell from carbon fiber and is both immensely strong and light, and while functional, appears elegant and period correct. It comes upholstered in leather and is compatible with the Schroth harnesses that are available as an option. These track seats can be ordered individually (for example, for the driver retaining the standard passenger seat) or as a pair and are priced individually.
• Seat grommets.
• All the seats can be specified with brass ventilation grommets that recall the Scheel race seats from the 1967 racing machines. These grommets are inlaid in the leather bottom and backrest and aid cooling. These grommets are also available in the same nickel finish found throughout the vehicle.
• Rear seating.
• Standard rear fold down seats are available, further enhancing the GT touring look of the vehicle
• Carbon Fiber composite removable rear clip-on seat backs finished in leather are available when selected in conjunction with the optional harness bar and Schroth harnesses.
• A rear seat delete option is available for those looking for a clean uncluttered look.
• Interior paneling in leather:
• The whole of the lower interior cabin (rear seat pan, transmission tunnel and side sills – a ‘second skin’ of lightweight composite material) can wrapped in leather. This look brings a rich, ‘gentleman’s express’ atmosphere to the interior that is both restrained and luxurious. If this option is chosen, the footwells at the front and rear remain carpeted.
• Interior paneling in painted body color.
• This composite second skin can be finished in the same color as the car’s exterior, bringing a dramatic and race bred flavor to the interior, especially when combined with drilled aluminum footboards. If this option is chosen, the front and rear footwells can remain carpeted or the carpet can be replaced with rubber mats at no extra charge.
• Leather upgrade packages.
• Embossed Leather Upgrade Package
• The leather on the seat facings, doors, rear quarter panels, luggage shelf and dashboard insert can be specified in an embossed pattern that recalls the vinyl basket-weave used in the 1960s and 70s 911s. This gives a subtle textural complexity to the interior and contrasts well with the smooth leather side bolstering on the seats. This is available with the optional brass grommets.
• Perforated Leather Upgrade Package
• The leather on the seat facings, doors, rear quarter panels, luggage shelf and dashboard insert can be specified as traditional diamond-pattern perforated, or a selection of other subtle and tasteful patterns.
• Leatherweave Upgrade Package
• The leather on the seat facings, doors, rear quarter panels, luggage shelf and dashboard insert can be specified in genuine leather-weave. This technique blends many thin strands of leather into a beautiful tapestry, which reimagines the basket-weave vinyl interiors of the period in an updated and luxurious fashion. This leather is both sporting and lavish and lends the cabin an air of sophistication and distinction. Leather-weave is combined with smooth leather on the seat bolsters and is available with the optional brass grommets.
• 360mm RSR steering wheel.
• The daddy of them all. Double wrapped in premium leather and with the famous ‘hockey puck’ horn button embossed this wheel saw competition in many of the great racing machines of the early 1970s in its original 380mm size. We have totally recreated this superb wheel with a smaller 360 mm diameter and endowed it with a thicker rim for ultimate control.
• Engine Compartment Presentation.
• The interior of the engine compartment is highly detailed and painted in the same color and high gloss finish as the exterior, giving the engine bay a clean, dramatic, race inspired feel which perfectly frames the beauty of the flat-six motor. This presentation is complemented by a color-coded, diamond quilted waterproof leather sound-pad, that helps reduce engine noise in the interior and further increases the glamour of the powerplant.
• Luggage Compartment Presentation.
• The luggage compartment is detailed, and a high gloss painted finish is applied, which brings a dramatic race-bred flavor to this part of the car. This is combined with diamond quilted waterproof leather covering the fuel tank. For Touring-look cars, the exposed painted sides and the trunk floor are covered in the same carpet used in the cabin.
• Luggage Compartment Presentation Package – Quilted Leather.
• The complete luggage compartment can be upholstered in diamond quilted waterproof leather to bring a rich and luxurious feel to this part of the car and provide an environment fit for the most exclusive luggage (this upgrade works well in conjunction with the leather upholstered interior paneling option, presenting the atmosphere of a sporting gentleman’s express).